Please help a prospective international student at TUHH.

Support for International Students in Hamburg as well as German Students abroad.

Moderatoren: (M) Mod.-Team Allgemein, (M) Mod.-Team Betreuung Internat. Stud.

Antworten
tea_floss
TalkING. Newbie
TalkING. Newbie

Please help a prospective international student at TUHH.

Beitrag von tea_floss » Sa, 26. Apr. 14, 19:19

Hello, I am an International student.I received admit for "Joint Masters in Ship and Offshore Technology"jointly offered by university of strathclyde and TUHH (Technische Universität Hamburg). I'll be spending second year of my masters degree in Germany.Can somebody give me reviews about this program and the university in general.Also students from Naval architecture/Shipbuilding department I have a few questions on coursework.

Thanks in advance.

Illmatic
TalkING. Freak
TalkING. Freak

Beitrag von Illmatic » So, 27. Apr. 14, 10:13

I'm studying mechanical engineering so I can't give you a review about the specific program that you want to attend. The university itself is pretty time consuming and effort demanding (like probably most German TUs), but if you are willing to work hard you get very decent education here.

At the TUHH you have to distinguish between bachelor and master programs. Many negative things that you might read about the university online don't apply to the master programs (and actually don't even apply to the second half of the bachelor). The support is much better, the work pressure is not that extremely high anymore and the whole competetive drop out atmosphere is gone.

Welcome to TUHH :)

tea_floss
TalkING. Newbie
TalkING. Newbie

Beitrag von tea_floss » So, 27. Apr. 14, 13:57

Suicide

Beitrag von Suicide » So, 27. Apr. 14, 14:34

I can only second Illmatic's opinion.

Antworten